How Your Self Esteem Affects Your Business



You hate bullies? I do too but most of our parents never took our responses from bullies serious and that have made us the way we are.

I wish I knew how to be confident in myself when others mocked my art work and nicely tailored Barbie doll dresses as a kid. If the grown ups around me had taught me the right response to bullies, I would have learnt a long time how to believe in myself.
You might be wondering where I am going with this. What I am trying to say is that, I stopped working on that childhood skills because of how others laughed at me and I found out I should have stood up for myself, improve my abilities and become a better artist. Many people haven’t built their confident yet even in their adult lives and it’s affecting their career and businesses.

You find yourself in a company you love but your boss or staffs make you feel your work is useless or you’re not good enough in your chosen field. We learn everyday from our mistakes but we should not allow people put us down and make us less confident about our skills. Your work environment matters a lot and if you feel the environment is too tough for the level of your esteem, then you should leave to a place you would be much more appreciated than tolerated. But if you like the challenge as a medium to grow your esteem, then it’s in your place to silence them with your built up confidence.

A lot of businesses have collapsed because the business man or woman wasn't able to stand criticism from customers or they didn't look so good for the kind of business they’re into. Lots of ideas have been flushed down the sink because those ideas were laughed at. Someone invents a new recipe and everyone throws up and then he or she is scared to invent another recipe because the last experience had made him or her look like a failure to others. That mindset keeps destroying how people see themselves and self esteems gets sick and gradually dies.

The way you see yourself matters in business. If your clients can see how confident you are about a new project, that would make them believe in the projects even when they don’t see the outcome yet. You can’t expect an investor to give you his money when you aren't confident in your looks, speech or charisma.

Parents have a huge role to play in building up their child’s confidence from how they respond to bullies, circumstances around them and their personal development as this would help their career and personality in future.

Bottom line, your self esteem shows how confident your career looks. It has a way of attracting potential clients to you as your healthy self esteem adds colour to your personality. All the best being a better you.

Comments

Popular Posts